Ads 468x60px

Friday, February 7, 2014

How to Starve in Thailand

Hello,

My name is Paul Martin, and I have been living in Thailand for over 2 years.
Upon coming to Thailand, I was ill for several months and could not get out to retrieve a Visa, so obviously I am way overdue. several months ago, my passport came up missing from my home in Muak lek, Thailand. Fortunately the Thai people here are very kind for the most part. I would definitely not be here if I were any type of bad person. I am a 43 year old Navy veteran from the United States.

The main reason I am writing this blog is really to raise awareness in people across the globe, about what it is like to literally go hungry, because of the lack of documents, and also about the people who have been to my home and offered to help, and of course...after several months...I am still waiting.

I contacted a church here about my problem, and some of the members have been to my home, on several occasions, and offered to help me with a small amount - $135 (USD) to get a new passport. Never happened!

Without a passport and Visa, it is extremely difficult to work here...and a person can literally starve. Of course there have been  many crazy suggestions, and a lot of skepticism from people, as Thailand is, and always has been, a place for a lot of bad things to happen, but when you live with the stress of not eating, and not being able to take care of things , such as doctor visits or anything so simple, you tend to become skeptical of the people (church members, teachers...etc.) that promised help. I was a teacher in this very town before...and the treatment of another teacher is appalling at best. 

I am a very open person, and available for questions or concerns....any time, as I would just like to get out of this situation very soon.....

My goal upon coming here was to set up a design class for Thai children to attend at an extremely low cost...because design schools here are too expensive. I wanted to give them an opportunity to learn something new and be able to make money from home.

If you would like to know me, and/or more about my situation - you can leave a comment (please be nice) or you can visit me at my Facebook .

I cannot accept Western Union, or anything like that, because you have to have a Passport for these things...so if anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free. I have been through everything, and just very tired....

0 comments:

Post a Comment